To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryCustomer Success GroupJob Details
The Professional Services Delivery team are the post-sales implementers of Tableau solutions and are highly customer-facing. The Sr. Solution Architect is a professional in designing and implementing Tableau Products as a primary component of a Data and Analytics strategy and a steward of Tableau standard methodologies. You will possess considerable skills and abilities as a solution consultant and architect with proven talent in guiding organizations through Digital Transformation, development of visualizations and dashboards, a track record of providing end-to-end solutions, and experience leading customer engagements. In this role you will be required to spend more than 70% of your time on-site with customers driving enablement and adoption. You will guide clients through Data & Analytics strategy development and implementation, creating solutions to drive adoption and promote the use of standard methodologies that are embodied in the Tableau Blueprint. Experience driving Analytics transformations in Communications, Media or Technology verticals is ideal.
Some of the things you'll be doing include...
- Lead delivery of client engagements for designing and implementing Tableau centered solutions: Understand client goals and objectives; assess their current state and identify gaps; prioritize and roadmap plans for implementing governance of the BI environment, developing high priority use cases, building community, and driving adoption; lead client relationships and expectations, and supervise the work of more junior consultants.
- Be a specialist in the features, benefits, and application of Tableau's products - Deep understanding of our Desktop/frontend products and their integration into client solutions; an intermediate level understanding of our Prep and Server product(s).
- Lead our customers in programs focused on improved data literacy and expanded use of sophisticated analytics capabilities to share key insights through measurable dashboards and make faster, more impactful business decisions.
- Build and deploy Tableau visualizations and integrate them with client data, authentication, and application operations including creation and execution of deployment scripts and workflows.
- Maintain client relationships, understand their Data & Analytics strategy and business objectives, and identify ways to enable them to succeed in becoming data-driven decision making organizations.
- Connect with impact, clearly articulate client recommendations, and structure client presentations to relay your point of view.
- Report engagement status to clients and internal management alike, ensuring that engagements are being implemented in a manner that aligns with time and resource constraints.
- Engage with pre-sales activities as required, to influence engagement scope in order to align with client needs and optimize client ROI on Tableau products.
- Be responsive to customer requests; mitigate objections with sound counsel and relay any product deficiencies to the right Tableau internal pipeline.
- Provide client enablement support for technical resources to adopt ownership of technical solutions and drive their utilization.
- Proactively identify ways for Tableau Services to enable clients to increase the value of their Data & Analytics environment and drive return-on-investment on their software.
- Help identify trends, training needs and new programs or services.
- Build and maintain a library of reusable Service Delivery documentation and code (to include custom scripts and coding).
- Participate in or lead ad hoc side projects for the benefit of the worldwide Services Delivery organization.
- Mentor / coach other consultants.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales and delivery efforts.
- Experienced. 15+ years of experience working in Data Visualization and Solutions. Experience owning customer engagements end-to-end and/or Project. Management. Experience in Communications, Media or Technology verticals is ideal.
- Analytics Strategist. You have experience in guiding customers through analytics and data transformation, building roadmaps, driving customer alignment, and providing the Blueprint for analytics maturity.
- An Extraordinary Teammate. You're the best at what you do, and you know how to work with your colleagues to get their best.
- Problem Solver. You love solving the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- Highly Technical. You're a visualization specialist who is also knowledgeable in databases, warehouses, and BI/Visualization Solutions such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, Cognos, Business Objects. Extensive Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server Experience strongly recommended. Understanding of data querying and ability to read SQL statements; programming languages desired - Python & R preferred but not required.
- Eye for Detail. Exercise timely practice of attention to detail through thorough and accurate assessment to better understand cause and effect. A love of creative visualizations that help customers see and understand their data is required.
- Analytical Problem Solver. Ability to define, identify and resolve problems with varying degrees of complexity. Strong mathematical/analytical skills. Experience in statistical Solutions desired.
- Superb Communicator. You know what to say and more meaningfully, how to say it. Strong verbal and written communication of qualitative and quantitative cases.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders, and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $130,700. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link:
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this .Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or .
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.