Currently, PM Telco, a Robbins-Gioia subsidiary, is building a candidate pool of qualified individuals to perform as Avaya Advanced Solutions Architect (ASA), Enterprise Architect (EA), and/or Cloud Architect and Design Lead (AKA "Architect") to support government and commercial clients for future Avaya specific needs. Candidates may not be contacted until a need arises. This role is critical in supporting and helping Avaya's customers successfully plan for their communication solution deployment. This position serves as strategic advisors to Avaya's customer and typically leads the Architecture and Design phase of the engagement. The Architect is identified as and is supported by other subject matter experts on the Avaya team, as needed, to achieve the specific set of objectives stated in the assigned Statement of Work. The Architect will follow a proven programmatic process, which includes information and requirements gathering, information analysis, and design development. Opportunities may be located throughout the United States and services may be provided both remotely and on-site.
A Day In the Life:
To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate will be expected to:
- Serve as a strategic advisor throughout the various stages of the project
- Be responsible for the planning, directing, and controlling of activities and efforts to achieve the specific set of technical objectives stated by the joint team
- Meet with Customer's technical stakeholders to gather information about the technical environment and Customer needs
- Facilitate discussions with Customer's technical and business resources to identify requirements and assess the current infrastructure and platforms
- Document the following as related to the current and future state:
- Current and future technical objectives for the target communications solutions
- Current and future state technical requirements for the target communications solution including prioritization against objectives as appropriate
- Review Customer's current environment to provide recommendations on the target communication technologies relevant to the technical requirements
- Determine how the current infrastructure design affects future anticipated needs such as scalability, extendibility, and integration of other services
- Identify gaps between the target communication solution and the current communications environment for use in developing architectural recommendations
- Provide governance for the technical integration architecture showing relevant solution components and integration points
- Identify and communicate dependencies on external systems necessary to support the target communications technology
- Focus on architecture, design, configuration, and integration as it relates to the current state deployment and the going forward project initiatives
- Verify design integrity to align with Customer requirements
- May support multiple projects at any given time
- Provide management updates and reports on project responsibilities, progress, dependencies, risks, and escalations
- The Consulting activities will result in a list of deliverables that may include drawings and workbooks that address Solution Overview Diagram Sets, Application Overview, IP Address Workbook, Architect and Design standards (High and Low level), and other relevant technical requirements and architectural documentation as requested by the Customer
An Architect is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG's solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value teamwork, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- 5+ years of Avaya UC and CC experience at the solutions level spanning multiple Avaya products
- Fully versed in Avaya solutions, including but not limited to: CM, Aura, Messaging, Session Manager/Systems Manager, Equinox, Breeze, Experience Portal, Oceana, and Workforce Optimization
- Experience working with call flows, Internet protocol, SAL, Dial plans, unified communications, etc.
- Integration of Avaya systems with other third-party, non-Avaya adjuncts - CRM, Call Recording, Workforce Optimization, AI solutions and other
- Excellent customer service skills. Must remain current on industry trends, value teamwork, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to client site(s) as required
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Robbins-Gioia, LLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. By applying for this position, you understand you will be required to verify you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated within 30 days of hire, or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a disability or medical condition, or a sincerely held religious belief. An individual is considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series, or two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine.
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to "Bring the WOW Factor". Below are some of those "WOW Factors" that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- BS/MS in one or more of the following areas: Telecommunication Networks, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
- Avaya Certifications
- Recognized as a Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the solutions and/or products identified above
- Experience with Cloud Automation, Cloud Design Patterns and Microservices and Experience with market leading public Cloud solutions (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. EOE, including disability/vets
At Robbins-Gioia (RG), we provide management consulting, managed services, and JFAST software. Our management consulting services combine leading-edge capabilities in management and technology with a seasoned understanding of our clients' missions. Our managed services help our clients maximize their technology investments by providing experienced professionals that complement our clients' strategy and operations. Our JFAST software is a suite of tools that perform advanced planning and scheduling operations and is the most capable intelligent scheduling platform for complex, mission-critical applications.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we partner with our clients to test and refine every solution to meet their exact needs. We take pride in tackling complex management challenges with fresh and innovative insights and in transforming our clients' vision into reality.