- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related experience
- Minimum 4 years' experience required as a Project Accountant supporting construction projects
We are a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Structure Tone NJ is looking for a Project Accountant II to join our team! This role is primarily responsible for overseeing the financial activity on select construction projects. It involves preparing, reviewing, and reporting on budgeted and actual cost information.
This role supports the project teams, and reports to the Project Accounting Manager.
- Attend project kick-off meetings when applicable
- Provide end-to-end project support for all contract types
- Participate in projects reviews with project team
- Support project teams to develop Cost to Completion Forecasts and Billing Projections
- Work with project teams to develop general conditions forecasts and monitor actual cost monthly
- Monitor change orders and other potential change items related to budgets and project costs
- Work independently to analyze cost and schedule trends on projects, identifying potential budget overruns
- Audit potential change orders for accuracy and compliance
- Monitor Sales Tax compliance
- Ensure proper revenue recognition by monitoring actual cost against cost to complete forecasts
- Analyzes revenue recognition issues and coordinate with BU Controller on proposing resolutions
- Determine control points and recommends improvement areas within the process
- Review client contracts for billing requirements; allowable markups, fee structure, retainage, waivers, tax requirements, shared savings, etc.
- Manage subcontractor progress billings and documents for compliance and timely submittal
- Review and post subcontractor monthly progress billings
- Manage subcontractor payments
- Maintain billing contract format (G702, G703 format)
- Prepare system generated client requisitions and provide necessary backup
- Monitor accounts receivable and support with collection efforts