** $5,000 sign on bonus based upon eligibility **
The MGH Heart Center's Cardiac Arrhythmia Service and Electrophysiology (EP) Lab are internationally recognized for pioneering contributions to the treatment of heart rhythm disorders, offering patients the most advanced approaches to the evaluation and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias. The Electrophysiology Lab offers advanced therapies including catheter ablation for atrial fibillation, ventricular tachcardia and other complex cardiac arrhythmias; implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) for the prevention of sudden cardiac death; cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) for patients with congestive heart failure and laser lead extraction.
Under supervision of the leadership of the EP Lab, the Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT) acts as a critical member of the patient care team and promotes a culture of collaboration and patient-centered care in all interactions with patients, families, and hospital personnel. S/he focused on understanding and meeting the needs of patients, providers, and other staff.
This position requires completion of orientation, independently performing pacing and other tasks for all procedures, necessary familiarity with troubleshooting equipment and demonstrates ability to orient other members of the team.
- Conduct equipment system warm-up, room checks and quality assurance procedures to established guidelines to ensure safe and effective equipment operations
- Assemble and troubleshoot equipment, notify technical quality specialist of equipment malfunctions and any repairs needed
- Monitor and record electrocardiograms
- Assist physician with programming of implantable devices
- Assist physician with diagnostic and therapeutic electrophysiology studies
- Understand and operate required equipment and information systems, including but not limited to: GE PRUCKA, CARTO, NAVIX, and CRYO
- Operate x-ray systems under the direct supervision of the physician
- Assist with room turnover and stocking
- Consistently demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to hospital, department and all regulatory agency policies, standards and requirements; adhere to Radiation Safety protocols; maintain required certifications
- Participate in research, quality improvement and other projects within the service
- Perform all other duties as requested by leadership, physician staff, or RNs
- Remain current on developments and trends in electrophysiology; participate in education/training to mantain current practice
- Assist in the orientation of new employees; particiapte in continuing education
- Actively support MGH Mission, Vision and Values and departmental initiatives