The MIL Corporation is looking for a Program Management, Manager (Deputy Program Manager) with IT Service Desk experience to support the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. This is an on-site position.
- Support the PM who serves as the Contractor's single contract manager, and the authorized interface with the Government Contracting Officer (CO), the contract level Contracting Officer's Representative (COR), government management personnel and customer agency representatives
- Support with formulation, enforcement, and enhancement of work standards, assigning Contractor schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising Contractor personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates
- Facilitate tracking and accounting for government-provided equipment approved to be on- or off-site in the performance of the resulting contract
- Responsible for the overall contract performance, staffing decisions - including hiring, firing, personnel performance management - made under the execution of this task order
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience, with recent or significant focus on managing an IT Help/Service Desk
- Experience managing work in a fast-paced IT Operations environment, with a proven ability to manage both immediate reactive issues and long-term strategic goals
- Client relationship management and ability to communicate with the client/VIP/senior leadership
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to communicate and present ideas, information, and reports
- Proven leadership experience managing personnel across multiple functional task areas.
- Experience researching and developing employee training and performance improvement plans; experience with staffing and recruiting
- Strong working knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware and peripherals
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10, and OSX operating systems and common office applications.
- Experience using an issue tracking system to record, monitor, and document trouble items and work requests (e.g., ServiceNow)
- Experience with creating reports and dashboards
- Excellent proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and research skills
- COMPTIA A+ certification (PM can request approval from the CO to grant time for candidate to obtain this cert)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v4 Foundations certification (PM can request approval from the CO to grant time for candidate to obtain this cert)
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you're fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2020, 2019, 2018, & 2017 Top Workplaces Award, The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.)
- 2020, 2017 Top Workplace Award, Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine (South Carolina)
- 2019 & 2018 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.